- 2 cups of Red lentils
- 400 ml of Coconut milk
- 1 Onions
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 thumbsized piece of Fresh ginger
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Garam masala
- Half a tablespoon of Ground turmeric
- Half a tablespoon of Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 690 grams of Diced tomatoes
- 1 large Carrot
- 1 tablespoon of Sunflower oil
Peel and dice the onion and garlic cloves. Peel and grate the ginger. Set this aside.
In a large pot or pan, heat up the oil. Add in the onion, garlic and ginger. Stir fry until the onion is translucent.
Add in the grated carrot and the lentils. Stir fry for a minute and then add in the coconut milk, the diced tomatoes and a splash of water or vegetable stock.
Cover and let it come to a boil. Then let it all simmer for 10 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.