- 600 grams of Rice
- 285 grams of Corn
- 400 grams of Diced tomatoes
- 330 ml of Passata
- 250 grams of Kidney beans
- 140 grams of Tomato puree
- 1 Courgette/zucchini
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 1 Onions
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon of Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Sunflower oil
Cook the rice the way you normally would. I would suggest investing in a rice cooker to make your life easier.
Prepare the corn and kidney beans by draining them and set them aside.
Roughly chop the onion, garlic, bell peppers and the courgette/zucchini and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large pot, add in all of the spices and stir well. Make sure the spices don't burn because this will give of a bitter taste and we don't want that. If the pot gets too dry, add in a little more oil or water.
Add in the onion and garlic and saute for around 2 minutes or until they are soft. Add in the bell peppers and zucchini and stir well. Add in the diced tomatoes and the passata. Refill the can of passata with water and add this to the pot as well.
Add in the corn, kidney beans and the tomato paste and stir.