- 50 grams Vegan butter
- 1 Onion
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons Thyme
- 800 grams Chestnut mushrooms
- A pinch of both Salt & pepper
- 60 grams Flour / All-Purpose Flour
- 1 liter Vegetable broth
- 250 ml Vegan heavy cream (I used one from Oatly)
- 30 grams (plus extra for garlish) Fresh parsley
Peel and finely dice the onion. Chop the garlic.
The soup part 1
Melt the vegan butter in a large pot on medium-high heat. I like to add a bit of oil.
The soup part 2
Once the mushrooms are soft, add in the flour and mix well for about 2 minutes. Then add in the vegetable stock and mix really well until the flour has dissolved and there are no more lumps. This may take a while.
The soup part 3
Once the soup has been simmering for a while, add in the vegan heavy cream replacement. Make sure you don't boil the soup anymore, you can heat it but just don't boil it.