- 5 (thai) or 3 (bird's) Thai chillies or bird's eye chillies
- 5 cloves of Garlic
- 1 regular Chili
- 300 grams of Long beans or green beans
- 1 Onion
- 1 block of Tofu
- 1 handful of Thai basil leaves
- 400 grams of Rice
- 1 tablespoon of Vegan oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Vegan fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Sweet soy sauce/Kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons of Water
- 2 teaspoons of Sugar or palm sugar
Mise en place
Press your tofu for about 30 minutes.
Making the chili paste
Using a pestle and mortar, pound the chillies and garlic together. Alternatively you can just use a hand blender or food processor.
Making the sauce
Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside for later.
Here is how you can make the vegan fish sauce and vegan oyster sauce if you can't find it in your store.
When the tofu is pressed, cut into small pieces and cook in a small layer of oil, or bake in the oven until crispy and golden brown. Set aside for later.
Heat up a little bit of oil in a wok or a large pan. Add the chili paste and stir fry until it's nice and fragrant. (About 2 minutes).
One Comment Hide Comments
The music ..love it….what is it please ?