- 5 (thai) or 3 (bird's) Thai chillies or bird's eye chillies
- 5 cloves of Garlic
- 1 regular Chili
- 300 grams of Long beans or green beans
- 1 Onion
- 1 block of Tofu
- 1 handful of Thai basil leaves
- 400 grams of Rice
- 1 tablespoon of Vegan oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Vegan fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Sweet soy sauce/Kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons of Water
- 2 teaspoons of Sugar or palm sugar
Mise en place
Press your tofu for about 30 minutes.
Making the chili paste
Using a pestle and mortar, pound the chillies and garlic together. Alternatively you can just use a hand blender or food processor.
Making the sauce
When the tofu is pressed, cut into small pieces and cook in a small layer of oil, or bake in the oven until crispy and golden brown. Set aside for later.
Heat up a little bit of oil in a wok or a large pan. Add the chili paste and stir fry until it's nice and fragrant. (About 2 minutes).