- 750 grams of Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar
- 3 Onions
- 6 cloves of unpeeled Garlic
- 3 tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil
- 70 grams of Mutti Le Verdurine
- 1 handful of Fresh basil
- 1 litre of Vegetable stock
Preheat your oven to 170°C/340°F.
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
Cut the tomatoes in half and place them, cutting side up, on the baking tray.
Place the unpeeled garlic on the tray and sprinkle on the olive oil.
Put the tray in the middle of the oven and bake for around 45 minutes.
When the tomatoes are done, heat some oil in a large pot and saute the Mutti Le Verdurine for 3 minutes on low heat.
Bring to a boil and leave to simmer for around 10 minutes.
Note: If you can't find Mutti Le Verdurine, just use regular tomato paste!